Monday, February 21, 2011

My Orchid Bloomed. Exciting, I know!

Last mothers day I gave my mom this orchid. We've kept it alive for almost a year! This week it finally bloomed again! Each day last week I took a picture of it as it opened more and more. Mom was SO excited that her orchid was going to bloom, she would remind me each day to take a picture of it. But... the day it bloomed she left for Florida to go stay with my Grandparents for a while! Oh well... 


Last night was Winter-Jam in KC! Dad wanted to go with us but he had a meeting at 3 so we didn't leave until 4 which means we didn't get there until after 5 (which was when the doors opened). We stood in line for about an hour and a half before we were told it was sold out. After a while a big circle formed and someone started playing a guitar (not that we could hear it. haha). After a while we figure out that it was Sidewalk Prophets.  They played 4 or 5 songs and it was just a really cool time of worship circled up outside of the Sprint Center. Once they were done people kind of cleared out and an ice-cream van pulled up. (News flash: Ice-cream vans creeeeep me out.) Luke went over to the ice-cream van as he saw the guys from Sidewalk Prophets go over there and they took a little video interview of him and then bought him ice-cream. He was sort of excited about that... then dad started talking to some people he knew (Johnny Williams finding someone he knows and talking to them forever?? Weird... I know..) so we just sat around for a long time while he talked. THEN as we started back to the car it started to rain. hahaha It was pretty exciting. It got even more exciting when dad couldn't remember for sure which street he had parked on!!! AND THEN IT GOT EVEN MORE EXCITING when we found the Ke$ha concert! haha Lots of netting and glitter on the people standing in that line. So as we were passing I stood in the Ke$ha line for a little while... just to say I did. Cool, I know. SO last night I stood in line for 2 concerts and didn't get into EITHER! But we went to dinner and it was still a good night. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment