Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16 2009


Another beautiful day in April. :) The sun is shining and the trees are starting to bud. I love spring so much! A sign of new life. (And its a perfect time to take some awesome pictures!)
Have you ever been asked a simple question, and it turned out to not be quite as simple as it was supposed to be? You ended up thinking about it allllll day. Maybe even for a few days? And I don't mean a question like "Do fish sleep?" (I was wondering that the other day... I always have. No they don't sleep but they DO "rest." They lower their energy level but never become unconscious like we do. In case you were wondering.) Anyway, back to the deep questions. Here's one.

Do you live to please, or live to Be pleased?

I've been thinking about it... a lot. Do I live to please myself or do I live to please God and others? Well, I KNOW for a FACT that even if I do live to please God and others... its not NEAR as much as I should. I find myself thinking about what would benefit ME. What would help ME out. What I can do for ME. When really... in the end.. It will all be gone and forgotten. But when we live to please God and others there are eternal benefits! Crowns of glory. Long lasting friends.
Now that you're thinking about it... as you have to make decisions the next few hours, and hopefully days or more, you'll find yourself asking "Will this benefit ME or will it benefit God and others?"

1 comment: